Superman Escape From Krypton - Magic MountainSuperman The Escape (now Escape From Krypton) at Six Flags Magic Mountain in SoCal has recently received a major renovation. Just like its twin in Australia (Dreamworld’s Tower Of Terror 2), the cars themselves have been turned backwards. Riders are now accelerated backwards at 101 M.P.H in just 7 seconds. Making it the Worlds fastest backwards roller coaster. Watch this video of Superman’s first test run:

In other news Six Flags Magic Mountain is now the coaster capital of the World boasting 18 rides. The new rides for the 2011 year are Superman: The Escape (renovated), America’s first Zac Spin ride, and a kid coaster.

I hope you enjoyed this (you)Report!
Submitted by Ducky

Via: Six Flags Magic Mountain’s Superman: Escape from Krypton page & Six Flags on Facebook

What do you think about Superman Escape From Krypton? Do you think it will be better? Leave a comment below.

About The Author

16 Responses

1. Quil

This looks realy fun, although I still think one of the trains should remain facing forward.

PS-Blog's first (You) Report! Congratulations CC and Ducky!

• Gearhart

I've heard several reports that they are planning to run both sides backwards for the first few months then switch one track around to run forward.

• Prof.BAM

I wonder which will be more popular? I also wonder if they plan to accelerate the launch a bit to make it faster than ToT:2

2. Prof.BAM

Do you believe that Apocolypse officially counts as a new coaster this year?

• MDC

No. While the experience might be SLIGHTLY different, it uses the same trains, structure, and layout. It still only counts as ONE credit.

3. Jill

I am very happy to find out that Superman at SFMM is being renovated. I absolutely loved the old ride, and I think the new one going backwards will be even better.

I do have a question about the renovated ride. Did they simply fix the old steel tower or did they put in a new one? The old one was cracked when I last visited in 2007. A worker there made it sound like it would be closed down for good because of structural damage, so hopefully the track/tower is new even though the layout is still the same.

4. kjdrgdksnc,.dngv

What morons! They should have had one car go forwards and one backwards… not the two backwards! I can't even imagine how many people have been let down by this modification.

5. Piedude81

I wonder if they'll launch both train at once. I thought they used to do that, but then shut down the other side.

6. Devon

hopefully they will leave 1 going forward like kjdrgdksnc,.dngv said. i think they will do that.

7. tayo

well, i rode it last weekend during the technical rehearsal and it was pretty fun. the ride operator said that it can go 104 mph loaded.

8. Ryan

Yeah, I also think that they should have one track facing forward, and the other going backwards.