Superman Krypton Coaster - Six Flags Fiesta TexasFor the first time Most Wanted Roller Coasters features a roller coaster in the U.S. San Antonio, Texas is home to Six Flags Fiesta Texas. The park is located in an old quarry and some of the roller coasters use the quarry cliffs in their layout. Here’s a satelitte view of the park. The most notable of which is the 2000 Bolliger & Mabillard Floorless coaster, Superman: Krypton Coaster.

Unlike the Medusa/Bizarro clones that heavily borrow from Kumba’s layout, Krypton is a custom design that looks to have a layout and loop progression all of its own. It’s a great looking coaster and I can’t wait to get down to San Antonio to take it for a spin. Over the weekend I met up with Doug from the Season Pass Podcast at Kings Dominion. He called Krypton Coaster the best floorless coaster he’s ridden. Also, the ride recieved a pretty strong ranking in the 2009 Steel Internet Coaster Poll. Krypton Coaster came in at #45 just behind X2 at Magic Mountain.

Superman Krypton Coaster - Six Flags Fiesta Texas

Have you ridden Superman Krypton Coaster? How was it? Leave a comment below. Images courtesy of RCDB.

About The Author

21 Responses

1. Piedude81

Actualy, I have never ridden a standup coaster, but look forward to one day. Also, this coaster looks awesome!!!!!

• Quil

I haven't ridden a stand-up either, but if Chang goes to SFGE, (wich it proabably will) I most likeley will.

• L.J.

Stand up roller coaster (made by B&M) are fantastic you'll love them! The in Georgia, the Georgia Scorcher, may not be the tallest ride at the park, but its my favorite one its so smooth and fun!!

2. Quil

I'm prettey sure that it's one of the (if not "The") tallest florless coaster in the world.

• Austin

If u dont count Griffon, Dominator at KD is the tallest. It also has the largest loop.

• Quil

Thaks for the info, and i wasn't thinking of Vertical drop coasters at the time, otherwise i wouldn't have posted.

3. Gordy

That vertical loop after the drop… if you look at the press release, they say it's only 114 feet tall, but if Wikipedia is to believe, it's actually the tallest in the entire world at 145 feet. Superman himself stands at the top of it!

4. Jonathan

Superman is my absolute favorite rollercoaster…of all. Superman is the tallest "Floorless Rollercoaster" in the world (186 ft.), and is also the fastest (70 mph)(Griffon and Sheikra don't count as they are known as a comletely different model and type of coaster). And as for the loop, rcdb is wrong, it is 145 ft. tall. Superman also has a variety of elements that play into the landscape, particularly the first drop (which basically throws you from the edge of a cliff) and the helix between the loop and zero g roll (which also uses the top of the cliff as its base. It is also one of the smoothest coasters I've been on.

5. Prof.BAM

B&M and Intamin are both featured on the Most Wanted lists. The two best companies in the world. I wonder if Giavonola would have any if they were still in buisness.

6. Austin55

I lve been on it, and yes it is pretty fun. There are no strong positive G's on the ride, the elements are all so big and taken so slowly you get airtime (hangtime) in all of them, rather than strong forces. The cliff interaction was pretty cool to, depending on where in the train you sat.

• Quil

That sonds prettey creepy Austin55. It's cool that there are rides that are so big that they're loops make you float momentarily, even if that sounds a little disorienting. 😉

7. Austin

This coaster borrows just as much from Kumba as Bizarro does. The loop progression is all the same, they just added a turn around and one extra turn before the brakes. The order of the inversions is exactly the same.

8. Most Wanted Roller Coasters « themeparksthrills

[…] 1. Superman Krypton Coaster, Six Flags Fiesta: San Antonio, Texas Unlike the Medusa/Bizarro clones that heavily borrow from Kumba’s layout, Krypton is a custom design that looks to have a layout and loop progression all of its own. Stats: Height – 168 ft, Max Speed – 70 mph,  Length – 4025 ft, Inversions – 6, Duration 3:20 […]

9. L.J.

I want to go on this roller coaster bad it looks amazing. Ive only been on 1 floorless coaster (Dominator at Kings Dominion), but I really liked that one and I bet this one is even better; what with its high speed, awesome loops, and large drops!!! Texas here I come!!

10. Evan

I rode it when I was 10 a year ago. It was fun The loop was a bit stressing though. I thought I was going to get stuck upsidedown

11. mijooschool.com

During the day, let the sun heat your home by opening curtains and blinds.
    In many parts of the world the winters are too cool and the summers are too hot.
    Although relatively new, this system is becoming more popular as it can be even more economically viable as well as space saving compared to the traditional horizontal loop system.